The World Federation of Trade Unions representing 92 million workers in all the five continents expresses its solidarity to the maritime workers in Gothenburg, Sweden and their fair demands.
We appeal to the working class of Sweden and we call them to stand on the side of the maritime workers and their organizations in their struggle for their rights.
The Maritime Workers went on strike and demand:
• Trade union rights and freedoms
• Respect to the collective agreements
• Stop to the threatening of sick and older workers
• Health and Safety measures in the Workplace
• Respect to the right of work permits and holidays
We fully support their demands against the administration of APM Terminals.
In Sweden, like everywhere else in Europe and the world the Workers’ Rights are considered as Economic loss. We call our colleagues in Sweden to keep up and strengthen their struggle united for their rights, that’s the only way for the working class to be victorious.